On Wednesday 12 February 2003 08:50 pm, Götz Waschk wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2003, 07:44:02 Uhr MET, schrieb Greg Meyer:
>>> Let me guess: you are a catholic?

>> You don't have to be a Catholic to have morals!

> Let me get this straight: I'm not against christians or jews or
> mormons or similar as long as they don't try to force their morals
> down my throat.

No? Posting as a non-Catholic, it does look like you have a chip on your
shoulder.

Regardless, there is another force which should stop it from going in:
respect. Unless you *need* to have something which is potentially offensive,
don't have it. Mandrake is a respectful and respectable distribution.

If you want to set up an easyURPM website called PornDrake or CussDrake (or
perhaps something more direct) from which to distribute stuff like
funny-but-offensive fortunes, man-pages, wallpapers etc, then I'm all for it,
because I believe the choice should always be available, but the main distro
is no more the place for it than the user manual for your digital camera is.

By funny-but-offensive, I don't just means swearing and lewdness, but stuff
like redneck jokes about replacing all of the Walmarts in Iraq with Targets,
or religiously offensive jokes like the one about not letting dogs into the
Vatican, or political material (man bilderburger).

Or if you were Catholic, it would be appropriate to have a website with
easyURPMmable Sacred Heart wallpaper, Stations of the Cross MOTD program,
Holy Canon Law fortunes, that kind of thing. Just not in the main distro.

Cheers; Leon