On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 13:02, N Smethurst wrote:
> Le Dimanche 2 Mars 2003 03:01, Leon Brooks a écrit :
> > The software is also very useful as a study framework for non-religious
> > material. Try it and see. I would specifically include it for that reason.
>
> Fine, this sounds like a good idea. Now all we have to do in order to ensure a
> non-biased nature is change the name of the software to reflect that it is
> not specifcally associated with the sword project, remove all references to
> specific interest groups, and remove all Christian material from the
> Gnomesword website to reflect that it is a general text study tool and not
> something aimed at the study of religious material.

Why? This is ridiculous. We don't control Gnomesword's website. The
personal beliefs and intended uses of its author(s) are completely
irrelevant. It's a useful tool to include in the distribution, with a
wide range of uses; include it. Lots of people who write software that
we include publically espouse beliefs that are controversial for one
reason or another, whether about free software or religion or anything
else. It doesn't matter.
--
adamw