On Tuesday 04 March 2003 6:14 pm, N Smethurst wrote:
> > Yep, it's a geoforce 3 Ti200. Will try the tip by Francisco Alcaraz
> > Ariza.
> >
> > Something to fix or to add to the errata?
>
> Well, nothing positive unfortunately except use the Nvidia drivers. The
> XFree geforce 3 & 4 ones shouldn't really be shipped IMO. It's just going
> to look bad for Mandrake when loads of keen newbies try to install 9.1 and
> get what you (and me and lots of other people) had.
And I suppose it's better for the newbies to look at a blank console and figure out
what the hell they're going to do next. I'll doubt there skills extend to using lynx,
etc., to go to nvidia site and find the drivers manually.
Another thing are you sure it was the nv driver that got loaded because when I
installed rc1 vesa (which I didn't use) was the default. Maybe this is the problem and
the nv driver should be selected by default.
--
lighthouse, n.:
        A tall building on the seashore in which the government