Lora, I like your tip. I am going to save this and try it. Thanks!

Lois
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lora Leggett
  To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 6:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [CnD] lasagna

  I never boil lasagna or manicotti noodles anymore.  You can use your
  favorite recipe and you do not have to use those special no boil noodles.
  Just layer your regular metal or glass pans or a disposable pan, whichever
  but the important part is to have enough liquid so your top layer of noodles
  is submerged.  Even add water if the sauc is not enough.  It will look too
  watery.  Then wrap it and chillit overnight or for at least 6 or 8 hours.
  Then bake it and it will come out wonderful.  The extra liquid will absorb
  into the noodles and they will come out nice and soft and you will never
  know you didn't boil them first.
  I find that it keeps oodles from breaking especially in the case of
  manicotti that you are stuffing with the filling.  I stuff them raw and then
  do it that way and they never break.
  Lora