If you want the sunny side crispy and buttery, you have to flip them.
Abby

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Brandt via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:50 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Kathy Brandt <katya20...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CnD] cooking eggs

I agree with Brenda: I always maintained that if someone were that picky about
their eggs like what I heard at our work cafeteria, "over easy", "don't break
the yoke", that my husband could Do his own! I'm perhaps on another end of the
scale, I don't like any runny or soft cooked eggs. It's a texture thing. The
closest I come to any flipping is when I do a bull's-eye, where you put a piece
of bread with a hole in it in a buttered pan, with the bread buttered also,
with a hole in the middle that you crack the egg into, and after a bit flip. I
put a little water in the pan for fried eggs, and keep the lid on while
cooking.  You don't have to flip them, since the steam under the lid is doing
the work.