Most of the time that's not a problem for me.  After I've melted the butter in
my pan, I just crack my egg over the center of the pan.  If I'm frying more
than one, then I crack one egg on one side and the second on the other.  It's
just a matter of putting the spatula in the pan against a side you didn't use
and holding it straight up and down.  Flaten it, and get one of the eggs on the
spatula by sliding the spatula under it.  If something happens, and I'm not
sure where the egg went, a quick light touch or two would suffice to find it.
I always have my plate as close to the pan as possible, so there's no nonsense
about carrying the egg far on the spatula.

Years ago about 30, I think, I used to have a spatula with little sides on its
right and left edges.  I lost it.

The other possibility is to find a place that sells egg pans that are shallow,
small frying pans.  At the very least, find a smaller frying pans for your
eggs.

pay very close attention to holding the spatula level when your egg is on it as
you move your egg to the very nearby plate.

Brenda Mueller

Sent from my iPhone