Vladimir,

> If we consider case when the whole array is sorted,
> we can omit setting sentinel and restoring original value:

Let me define my point more precisely. We can omit setting sentinel not only in
a particular case when the whole array is sorted.

During partitioning the whole array is split into small chunks. Elements within
a chunks remains unsorted,
but every element in a certain chunk is greater than every element in preceding
(lefter) chunks
and less than every element in following (righter) chunks.

E.g.

Elements C and F are pivots.
Elements D and E are greater that pivot C and hence greater than A and B, and
less than pivot F and hence G and H.

Therefore during sorting any non-leftmost chunk we can rely on preceding chunk.

Did I miss something? Is this what you mean?

Thank you,
Dmytro Sheyko