On 03/19/2015 04:33 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 19/03/2015 15:59, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
>> If you are asking about HeapByteBufferTest.java test put it into:
>>
>> hotspot/test/compiler/intrinsics/unsafe/
>>
>> Vladimir
> The existing tests for buffers are in jdk/test/java/nio/Buffer and would
> nice to have all the tests for this API together if possible. So I guess
> the issue here is that it's one test serving two purposes, it feel that
> there should be a new test that exercises Unsafe directly to put into
> the hotspot/test/compiler tree.

Within reason I'll do whatever you want, but I'm as sure as I can be
that this test gives the new part of Unsafe a thorough workout.  We
need HeapByteBufferTest.java because of the substantial changes to
that class.  I don't know what a test of the unsafe aligned methods
would do that is not done by HeapByteBufferTest.

Andrew.