I have not tested setting a file association. This change is intended to allow
the argument to be parsed correctly. There may still be other bugs related to
file operations on Unicode paths.

> I would also like for System.out and System.err to use the specified Unicode
> charset. Currently, System.out and System.err use "Windows-1252"
> (on my system), so they can't readily be used for Unicode output. A quick
> look at the webrev suggests that this hasn't been addressed yet.

Java.exe should not change the windows codepage. To get this scenario to work,
make the association change the codepage and then start java.
'chcp 65001 && java . . .'
With this change, if the codepage is correct, then System.out and System.err
should support Unicode.

Kirk

Developer
Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.