On 11/09/2019 16:16, Pavel Rappo wrote:

On 11 Sep 2019, at 16:10, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:

I assume extending the timeout to TCP will require at least some minimal
updates to the descriptions.
Which descriptions do you have in mind? I cannot seem to find that text
anywhere in the current repo (jdk/jdk)
I don't think the jndi-dns docs page is in the jdk repo. Since JDK 9, a good place for service providers to document capability and configuration is their module description and I think at least some of the documentation from that page should move into the jdk.naming.dns module description (that's for another issue of course). However, for the changes under discussion here then I don't think it's unreasonable to provide an updated description of the timeout property.

-Alan