> On 11 Sep 2019, at 16:55, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think the jndi-dns docs page is in the jdk repo.

Could you kindly point me to the location of the current jndi-dns docs page? I
can't seem to be able to even find anything related to that on the web. You
might want to try to use your favorite search engine.

> <snip>
>
> However, for the changes under discussion here then I don't think it's
> unreasonable to provide an updated description of the timeout property.

It might be reasonable. What wording would you suggest? To me it already
*vaguely* addresses the TCP case by saying that "Each lookup is initially
performed using UDP. If the response is too long to be returned in a UDP packet
without being truncated, the lookup is repeated using TCP."

-Pavel