On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 13:40:53 GMT, Sean Coffey <coff...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/sun/launcher/SecuritySettings.java line 123:
>>
>>> 121:         }
>>> 122:
>>> 123:         ostream.println(INDENT + "Security TLS configuration:");
>>
>> What about also noting the name of the TLS/JSSE provider in this line, for
>> example:
>>
>> "Security TLS configuration (SunJSSE provider):"
>>
>> This would be useful information if a customer is using a 3rd party JSSE
>> provider, and it is selected before SunJSSE, as the defaults in that case
>> may be different.
>
> good suggestion Sean. Patch updated.

I think we need to harden this area of code actually. Some JDK configurations
may not have an SSL provider.

e.g. (removing JSSE from config)

    See "java -X" for verbose security settings options
    Security provider static configuration: (in order of preference)
        Provider name: SUN
        Provider name: SunRsaSign
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Failed to create SSL socket
        at
java.base/sun.launcher.SecuritySettings.printSecurityTLSConfig(SecuritySettings.java:121)
        at
java.base/sun.launcher.SecuritySettings.printSecuritySummarySettings(SecuritySettings.java:75)
        at
java.base/sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.showSettings(LauncherHelper.java:188)

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14394#discussion_r1255945485