On Tue, 27 Jun 2023 15:06:45 GMT, Sean Coffey <coff...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> New functionality in the -XshowSettings menu to display relevant information
>> about JDK security configuration
>
> Sean Coffey has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains 15 additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Avoid sharing INDENT variables
>  - Merge branch 'master' into 8281658-showsettings-security
>  - Don't allow bad subcommand values for security component
>  - restore more informative help message
>  - Split long properties for ; also
>  - Pass PrintStream to security helper
>  - Refactor out security code to helper class
>  - Print aliases. Order Provider type/service output.
>  - Incorporate review comments from Roger and tweak some code
>  - Merge branch 'master' into 8281658-showsettings-security
>  - ... and 5 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/compare/6dc03296...7e6f5090

I looked through the current version (7e6f5090) and you've got it to a good
place, the launcher changes look fine.

The changes make me wonder if `-XshowSetting:aardvark` should be an error
rather than default to print all settings. Something we should look at again.
Same thing for `-XshowSettings:system` on non-Linux, probably should have been
a bit more discussion when that was added as its more about the container
environment.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14394#issuecomment-1612623972