On Thu, 29 Jun 2023 08:27:43 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The changes make me wonder if `-XshowSetting:aardvark` should be an error
> rather than default to print all settings. Something we should look at again.
> Same thing for `-XshowSettings:system` on non-Linux, probably should have
> been a bit more discussion when that was added as its more about the
> container environment.

I think throwing an error for an invalid suboption makes sense.
`-XshowSetting` without the suboption is default to print all settings, i.e.
equivalent to `-XshowSetting:all`.   But the switch statment is missing the
`all` case.   I think we should fix this and error for any invalid option.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14394#issuecomment-1624030798