On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 20:02:16 GMT, Mandy Chung <mch...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> dcstartup fails because it fails to load an agent library specified via
> `-agentlib:am_ibm_16` that was fixed by JDK-8320005. I assume that's what you
> referred to "J9 had for a long time". This does not use
> `System::loadLibrary`. It's unclear if any JNI native library is changed to
> load from an archive object. Any customer reporting this issue?

So when this was reported in J9, the fix was made at the classloader level.
Thats when i replicated this change to OpenJDK.
But on further debug i saw that in this case, directly the hotspot code was
called and the classloader was not in picture.

I need to confirm about customer issue again. I will do that in a few days.
But is there any particular reason why we don't support loading shared archives
via loadLibrary() ? It can be an insurance against future issues too.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17945#issuecomment-2019965401