On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:56:21 GMT, Suchismith Roy <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>  And it has been in J9 for long time for the exact same reason, which
> actually brought out the issue for dcstartup in OpenJDK.

dcstartup fails because it fails to load an agent library specified via
`-agentlib:am_ibm_16` that was fixed by JDK-8320005.   I assume that's what you
referred to "J9 had for a long time".   This does not use
`System::loadLibrary`.    It's unclear if any JNI native library is changed to
load from an archive object.   Any customer reporting this issue?

> I just feel keeping load functionality is still applicable, which does not
> expect a deterministic mapping (or does it ? ). if loadLibrary expects this
> to be deterministic, then i agree, we should drop that.

It's not about deterministic mapping or not.   `System::load` is intended for
`dlopen`.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17945#issuecomment-2018810383