On Thursday 21 February 2008, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
> First of all thanks a lot mate
>
> I am just now trying to solve the same issue for our customer. I set up
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] with forwarding rules to info1, info2 and info3, created
> those three mailboxes and set their MTAs
>
> sorry what do you mean with MTA? do you refer to the own smtp?? does it
> means mail transport agent??

MTA = mail transfer agent, mail server software. In my case it is courier (not
only courier imap, whole courier suite). Others use sendmail, postfix,
qmail...

>  to one of these mailboxes. I decided
> to test it with [EMAIL PROTECTED] as sender address, but set a Reply-To
> header to [EMAIL PROTECTED] address.
>
> Then I wrote a small pythonfilter framework module, which adds a recipient
> for
> every message originated on any from info1 - info3 MTAs to be
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] in addition to all recipients specified in message, thus
> adding effectively a BCC: [EMAIL PROTECTED] header on the mail server.
> But this was just because I can't find any method to force a BCC header in
> their MTA, so opinions on this matter can vary. Naturally, this could be
> only
> done as I use whole courier MTA suite, with pythonfilter as an addition,
> very
> usefull one. If you use other MTA (postfix, qmail), you could use the same
> idea, but I can't be of any help in implementing it.
>
> Naturally I would prefer to use for something like this some kind of
> ticketing
> system, my hack is just a Poor Man's Ticketing System Implementation
> anyway... and it does not solve possible multiple answers problem as well.
> They are still able to answer the same mail request at once, as only after
> the response is sent all the other members see it is actually done.
>
> > So if any of this things isn't accepted and the only option is to use
> > imap account installed in the outlook of several people, could I have
> > mailbox corruptions? or similar?
>
> I do not think this happens. I have often two or three MTAs
>
> do you mean mail clients with MTA?

Sorry, error... I mean MUA (mail user agent - client software like Outlook,
Thunderbird, I use KMail mostly)

>  opened and
> connected to the same mailbox via IMAP and nothing like this ever happened.

Regards,
Milan

N. B. It would be nice if you could set your mail software to prefix quoted
text somehow, just like I do it with '> ' on every line I am replying to...
It makes it easier to follow the discussion on mailing list. Thanks.