I'm excited by the idea and share many of the same concerns.   It's a
pattern we've seen before in the open source world.  There are a lot
of open source projects that developed organically, and then some
entity decides they wanted to kick it up a notch.  Sometimes this
works out well, sometimes it is disastrous.   The trick is going to be
keeping a tuned eye on the process to make sure it's not a
spiderifying the starfish.  We've identified that concern, but how do
we navigate around it?

Jacob

--
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com -  (206) 323-6500