Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm a research
psychologist really interested in the role of designed environments in
human performance, productivity, and well-being. I recently (as of
Nov. 2009) moved to Prague, Czech Republic (where I have lived before
and where my wife is from).

I've been following the group and and the coworking movement more
generally and thinking about opening a coworking space since at least
2007, but I've been in a state of limbo in terms of where I was living
and what I was doing (Illinois working full-time in academia) as
opposed to where I thought I wanted to open a space (Prague).

So, long story short, a lease opportunity came up that was perfect for
what I was hoping to do, and I decided to jump in and open a space
here in Prague.

I am incredibly grateful to members of the list who have provided
invaluable information and inspiration over the last couple of years,
and especially to the people at Office Nomads, Giraffe Labs, and Start
Pad in Seattle, Suite 133 in Tacoma, Cube Space, Souk, and Writers'
Dojo in Portland, OR, and Uptown Writers' Space in Chicago. Most of
you probably do not remember me, but I visited you all (mostly back in
the summer of 2008) to talk in person about advice and challenges in
opening a space, and you all provided the kind of open advice and
support that makes coworking so unique and valuable as a business
model.

Looking forward to being in touch with many of you in the future.

Best,
Will Bennis, Locus Workspace
http://locus.goalsherpa.com