I generally agree w/ Alex - valuation is sky high, and sustainability is
questionable. In general, be careful of the hype.

My 2 cents: WeWork is closer to a hotel operation. They’ve recently been
exploring more and more the lounge/conference rooms side of the business, and
in my opinion, explore next the retail side (coffee, etc.).

So then the question is, “Is a hotel business a real estate company?”
        My opinion is no - it’s a business operation.
Does a hotel or WeWork foster “community”?
        My opinion is maybe, in that certain demographics will gravitate to
that brand and therefore appreciate meeting fellow like-minded folks.
In the end, does it matter?
        My opinion is no. They’re focusing on what they do, and if they have
any interest to collaborate with the rest of us coworking folks, then great. In
the meantime, they’ll just continue to claim they’re coworking, as will many
others who are coworking or not, or who collaborate w/ fellow coworking folks
or not.

JEROME CHANG

WEST: Santa Monica
1450 2nd Street (@Broadway) | Santa Monica CA 90401
ph: (310) 526-2255

CENTRAL: Mid-Wilshire
5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea) | Los Angeles CA 90036
ph: (323) 330-9505

EAST: Downtown
529 S. Broadway, Suite 4000 (@Pershing Square) | Los Angeles CA 90013
ph: (213) 550-2235