Yep, to add to what Steve said: I can usually tell when a reporter has had
their story assigned to them from an editor during the interview and I can
ALWAYS tell from the final product.

This is one of those stories.

I’d bet $100 that the editor was like, “oh, all of these happy articles about
coworking? Let’s play the other side to stand out. The coworking biz owners
will get up in a huff, talk about us, and drive pageviews.”

I always make it my job to make a journalist look great - so telling them “your
editor’s story is shit” won’t go far.

Instead, I try to get a better sense of what story they think they need to tell
and offer a better one…it usually helps when I have a story that nobody else
has covered. Every editor loves a new or “exclusive” angle, or they wouldn’t be
stirring up this shit in the firs place.

-Alex

The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Join the list: http://coworkingweekly.com

Listen to the podcast: http://listen.coworkingweekly.com