Not read the article, but I do feel cowork fees are "too high" in a couple
contexts:

space with hundreds of coworkers in a big city e.g. Berlin thus earning
many tens of thousands of euros monthly; that's very good business for the
owner, but somehow inbalanced w.r.t. to the social economy spirit of
coworking

many people would benefit from coworking but cannot afford the high fees
e.g. unemployed people

this is just an observation about the dimension of the fees, not about the
article which I haven't read and probaly will not, sorry