We don't use a visitor notification system because members just don't have
that many visitors. Plus, members usually like to meet them out front when
they do arrive. If our space was larger and not staffed all the time then I
could see it being worthwhile - *maybe*. I notice most of the time the
person texts the member that they are meeting before then even arrive to
notify them to meet.

I'm guess it's mostly an expectation of your community. As more people go
office heavy then amenities are a selling point and as companies get larger
they might have more visitors. If I wanted to extend my community manager
to cover 12,000 sf. st. from 5,000 sq. ft. then I could see this be helpful.

 I would install visitor alerts as a *reaction *to the community needs
versus anticipating it. If I can do things at a more personal level or
empower the community to do things themselves then I go that route. The
more the staff does for the members the more it feels like a commercial
transaction. The more I empower the members to do things the more they
treat the space as their own.