On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Eirik Berg Hanssen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> You keep saying spam, but that's not the right term. You're being an
>> ass characterizing it like that.
>
>  Yeah, it's not the right term.  While it meets the other criteria to
> qualify as spam by the classical definition, it would also have to be
> bulk.  Which this is not.

For what it's worth, *I* consider it not quite spam, but not really
not far from it and don't object to people using that term. The more
successful CPAN Testers is at getting more testers and more platforms
tested, the more it becomes bulk.

For example, in my stress test of CPAN::Reporter::Smoker, when I
submitted more than 138,000 in a single month, I made a point to turn
off author CCing, because I didn't think that sending 20,000 fail
reports was a particularly friendly thing to do.

-- David