On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:14 PM, David E. Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2008, at 09:10, Andy Lester wrote:
>
>>> I'd hate to lose those in my email because other people don't want to
>>> filter their mail.
>>
>> I'd hate to get spammed because other people don't want to sign up to
>> receive them.
>
> I think that adding changing things so that authors opt-in to getting
> reports is something that's generally been agreed on, though it might have
> to wait until the Web service is done. In the meantime, David Golden, at
> least, has tweaked his reporting toolchain so that it no longer submits
> reports to you, Andy.

Clarification -- David *Cantrell* has tweaked his tools so it doesn't
submit to Andy already.  Too many Davids in this discussion
apparently.

I will be changing Test::Reporter to stop all author CC'ing which will
take effect when/if we convince existing testers to upgrade.  I have
vague plans to create a "nag bot" to detect testers using old tools
and nag them to upgrade.

I'll post about the near-term replacement notification plan in a separate email.

-- David