Dear Christian-Emil,

On 29/7/2014 10:00 πμ, Christian-Emil Smith Ore wrote:
> Dear all,
> It  should be unproblematic to add an RDF example to the scope note of E73.
> This is just one example among others.
> RDF is perhaps not the ideal solution to implement systems with deduction.
Your comments well taken :-) - but I did not want to talk about AI and
binary logic at all, nor about
code running conclusions on its own. Belief values can be anything up to
gut feelings. What I wanted to talk about is monitoring
human-made inferences - S/W generated inferences only being a special
kind of which are modified by belief values
in the code itself. I agree with you that such as system must be able to
distinguish between different parts of the graph.
The total of propositions in a triple store using CRM is expected to be
globally inconsistent, and anyhow the belief values
are not adequately represented. Bayesian networks are among the kinds of
reasoning users would apply - they do not fit
with AI languages anyhow.

Therefore RDF should be sufficient to represent the chaining of arguments ?

(see also Doerr, M., Kritsotaki, A., & Boutsika, A. (2011). Factual
argumentation - a core model for assertions making
<http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1921615>. /Journal on Computing and
Cultural Heritage (JOCCH) /, /3/(3), 34, New York, NY, USA : ACM)

In general, you can correctly conclude from a correct premise a wrong
conclusion, if your argument is probabilistic. You can conclude
from a wrong premise a correct conclusion - by chance, and you can make
a wrong inference from a correct premise resulting in
a correct conclusion , as many proofs in mathematics. I believe a
minimal formal system for cultural discourse would be a combination of
modal logic with unknown values.

I agree that "the current RDF focus on facts obscures the logical focus"

Best,

martin