Hi Richard , All,

I am slightly confused about this discussion.

The purpose of the scope notes is to clarify the meaning of the entities and
relationships that make up the CRM. The CRM models real world things both
material and non-material.

Inclusion of a named graph example in the scope notes does not affect the
technical independence of the standard. It simple says that this is an example
(in this case) of a propositional object. We need to have examples that are
practically useful and mean something to people.

In that context it personally bothers me not whether we have an example of a
named graph or indeed other examples from other schema formats -  as long as it
helps people to understand what a propositional object is (and its scope). We
could equally use examples from other data schema worlds and again it would say
nothing about the technical implementation of the CRM. None of these examples
would affect the standard in terms of its neutrality. It’s an illustrative
scope note, but is not part of the standard in the context you describe.

Examples need to be wide and varied and cater for all the different types of
people that use the CRM and want to understand how it works.

Cheers,

Dominic