This is a bit sketchy. Sure you could get a premium set of headphones that would allow you to hear things at large distances quite well with maybe similar accuracy, but having a visual overlay...questionable at best. Really, really questionable if you can get it the same size as the CS:GO radar and position it to be right on top of the in-game radar, which would probably be what people would prefer given a few tweaks if they were to use it.

When I saw ads on say ESEA streams during LANs for BenQ and them showing off Black eQualizer, the thought of "could this be construed as cheating?" passed through my mind once or twice, but anyone can screw with contrast settings on their own monitor so I thought nothing of it, especially at Valve-sponsored tourneys where everyone has the same setup sans keyboard and mouse where it couldn't be cheating since everyone's on a level playing field.

I'd probably wait for a Valve judgement with explanations before making my mind up since I'm pretty on the fence about it.