Kenoli Oleari wrote:
> Amazing, they finally installed tabs.  Isn't Microsoft extraordinary!
>
> Does anyone know anything about the relationship between this version
> and CSS and other web standards?  There is nothing I could see on the
> Microsoft introductory site that mentions this.  I guess it's not
> surprising given who Microsoft is, but for most web designers this
> will be the critical issue.

The introductory site is a sales pitch for end users isn't it? CSS and
web standards wouldn't really mean anything to them. Try the wiki for
current IE7 CSS related issues: http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=IE7
Did you mean this introductory page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/ ?
MSDN is for the techy information.

What do you mean by 'other web standards'? Apart from CSS and javascript
web standards are pretty much browser independent (a sweeping
generalisation I know but you get the idea).

> Or is this going to mean one more web browser to fix things for.  I
> guess Microsoft could keep issuing browsers that were less and less
> compliant and end up taking up all of everyone's time.

It is quite buggy, but at least its a step in the right direction. But
yeah, new fixes needed and bugs to avoid.

> Maybe it'll run so badly that people will finally stop using IE
> entirely.

Ha, I wish.

Rob