>Amazing, they finally installed tabs.  Isn't Microsoft extraordinary!
>Maybe it'll run so badly that people will finally stop using IE
>entirely.
>Or is this going to mean one more web browser to fix things for.  I
>guess Microsoft could keep issuing browsers that were less and less
>compliant and end up taking up all of everyone's time.
>
>Here is a relevant link folks on this list might be interested in:

Whatever your personal opinions on Microsoft are, please don't vent
them on this list. They have nothing to do with CSS.

>Does anyone know anything about the relationship between this version
>and CSS and other web standards?  There is nothing I could see on the
>Microsoft introductory site that mentions this.  I guess it's not
>surprising given who Microsoft is, but for most web designers this
>will be the critical issue.

Well you could try checking out the link that's currently included in
the footer that gets attached to each and every message this list
sends out

   http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=IE7

There you will find both info about what level of conformity to
expect from IE7 as well as links to the IE7 teams announcements about
such. (Those announcements by the way are on their development blog
which has been widely publicised in web design circles)

So people, just a word to encourage people to discuss the practical
issues that IE7 throws up and to remind you all of the existence of
the IE7 page on the wiki.

But let's lay off the whole $COMPANY rants please.

Alex Robinson
css-d moderator