Chris Ovenden wrote:
> Interesting issue, and one I haven't given much thought to before. For
> what it's worth I only use the colour keywords 'black' and 'white' (no
> argument about what these mean!)
>
> But what about the three-digit hex contractions - ie #363 instead of
> #336633? I love other CSS shortcuts, but for some reason this one
> really irks me

I know what you mean, but at the end of the day I simply prefer 6-digit
hex codes - for the sake of uniformity. There is, in terms of rendering,
no ambiguity with shorthand hex, rgb values or 16/256-colour codewords -
but I like to operate off a single system of comparable values. Hex is
slightly less human-readable than rgb, but makes up for it in always
taking up only the same 7 character spaces (yes, I am that bloody-minded).

It makes things easier to compare, and I know where to look in my
graphics software.

As you say, 'black' and 'white' can't really be faulted. In fact I do
feel a little stupid writing out #000000 and #ffffff, but at the end of
the day it's just a little eccentricity I feel better for humouring.

Regards,
Barney