> You might want to check what happens if you resize the browser window in
> the vertical direction.  I had the same problem on a site and had to
> remove the centering css so it could be viewed on monitors or hand held
> devices that have short screens in the vertical direction.

hey Don,

Nope, vertical centring is  here to stay. We aren't considering the
needs of people with small monitors, just big ones.

The target audience of this site is art directors, and they all have
great, big monitors. They have tiny little web browsers, too, but if
they are seriously considering my client for the job they aren't going
to look at his site on the  phone.

Anyone who doesn't have a minimum 1024 x 768 monitor is going to need to
scroll like crazy to see the site.

Standing firm on this one!
Sandy