Cristian Palmas wrote:
> Thanks for the useful replies.

RE:
<http://www.cristianpalmas.it/>

>> Nice visual.
>>

>> Mac/Firefox/3.0.
>>
>> At 1024 +1 the blog drop-down draws an h-scroll bar (no big deal imo)
>>

> The h-scroll doesn't matter (I just noticed it) and I accepted to see
> that also on 800px-wide monitors.
> About the 1680px-wide monitor, well, I don't know how many people use
> that resolution. Anyway I think that I can set a max-width property
> too. What do you think?

Neither the h-scroll, nor a high resolution (high dpi laptop, for
example) monitor, is a /grave/ issue with your site. I just call what I
see at this end from a 17" mac book pro. What, if anything, is
appropriate to modify is up to you.

>> Mac/Opera/9.27
>> FWIW (and I mean that-- don't throw yourself through a closed window),
>> minimum font-size 32px is doing a bit of a number on it (I am at >that
>> setting for a testing purpose).
>> In general, text set in italics, will render with a bad case of the jaggies
>> in a PC -- can't confirm w/ your age as my PC sleeps at the >moment...
>>

> I don't understand the issue about the 32px font-size.

Setting minimum font-size 24px in Firefox or minimum font-size 32px in
Opera is simply a layout stress test (pushing the envelope). The
font-sizing method you use does not do well at those settings, although
changing it may not resolve all issues, either.

>  As the italics
> reguard, do you suggest to put it to normal or to change the
> font-family?

If italic text font jaggies in a PC don't bother you leave it. Changing
the font won't help. Setting it roman will.

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/