| Daniel Hammond wrote:
| > | You can use overflow-x and overflow-y properties separately,
| > | instead of just "overflow: scroll"
| > |
| > | http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-box/#overflow
| > |
| > | It's been supported since Mozilla 1.8 and IE5. I think all
| > | browsers support it even though it wasn't part of CSS2.1
| > | specs (it will likely be in CSS3).
| > |
| > | Sounds like a topic for a blog post ;-)
| > |
| > | -Estelle
| >

| > Very good. I used "overflow-x: scroll" and it fixed the
| problem. Thanks very
| > much for your help. Now about what you mentioned regarding
| the potential
| > situation where I may not know the required width... Do you know of
| > something that would work if that were the case?
| >
| > Thanks again,
| > Daniel
|
| Re: <http://www.studentremix.org/test/ms/media.htm>
| For CSS this can only be done with media queries [1] [2].
|
| @media all and (min-width:800px) {
|    iframe {overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;}
| }
|
| This will only work in Safari and Opera.
|
| 1. <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/>
| 2. <http://css-class.com/test/css/selectors/media/min-width1.htm>
|
| Alan http://css-class.com/

Are you sure? This site: http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/photo_strip shows
exactly what I'm trying to do, and it's working beautifully in all the
browsers I've tested it in. I'm just trying to figure out why theirs works
in IE7 and mine doesn't. I don't see them using any media queries. Am I
missing something?

Thanks,
Daniel