Even if we can make a site look nearly the same in every browser, we should
not attempt this anymore.

Big sites are getting bigger, and the performance is affected a lot if we
use expressions/scripts and filters for IE. If the site absolutely must
"look" the same, the site is inevitably getting slower and won't "feel" the
same in the end.

Users who still have to use IE6 for various reasons do already know that
they use an inferior browser, they just cannot change it. If a growing site
gets so slow that the usability is affected, then we have to change our
paradigm.

It doesn't have to look the same as long as the usability is preserved. I
think IE6 needs degraded, but functional pages. Functional hacking for IE is
a must, but pure presentational hacking is becoming obsolete.

The first one to be convinced is not the client. I believe we have to
convince our co-workers, since the old paradigm was promoted by us.

Ingo