________________________________
From: Gunlaug Sørtun <gunla...@c2i.net>
To: Michael Leibson <michael_mabe...@yahoo.ca>
Cc: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 5:56:02 AM
Subject: Re: [css-d] Getting absolutely positioned divs with bottom: auto to
end together

>> www.thinkingmusic.ca/analyses

>I have used a copy of this page to exemplify one approach to solving your
>problems.... . .
>. . .  The easiest way to achieve this is to leave #main un-positioned
>(static), so
>it can affect the height of main div (#top) directly. Then the sidebar
>(left) can be absolute positioned relative to bottom of main div (#top)
>for perfect alignment.

Georg, I'm picking my jaw up from the floor, after it dropped in utter
amazement at your solution!  ; - )
You guys aren't 'mere web developers' -- you're mathematicians!

I'm blown away.  I'll get back to you after I've had a chance to re-gather my
mind, and have tried to
follow the principles involved in your solution.

(Wow!)

- Michael