On 9 Jul 2010, at 14:18, Rob Emenecker wrote:

> There is no tool that checks CSS against a site looking for orphaned rules
> in the CSS. At least none that I know of.
>
> If the site is not complex, and you have the means for visualizing it
> offline -- either locally or on a testing server -- I usually just make a
> visible modification using a BORDER or BACKGROUND-COLOR that is immediately
> discernable from the site design.

Yes, that is what I do if I have reason to think that a rule is not applied
somewhere when it should be, usually because of specificity problems.

But it seems impractical to do this on a whole site with a main stylesheet that
has more than a thousand lines to it.

I'll look into the extensions mentionned by David Laakso and Dejan Kozina and
report back.

Thanks all.

Ellen