Climis, Tim wrote:
>> {float: right; width: 15em; margin: 1 1em 1em; padding: 0.25em;}
>>
>> First, I don't understand width. It's not the width of my image; what is
>> it doing?

Currently the width does nothing (please see below for reason).

[...]
> Padding is like margin, except that it's inside the border (so background
> colors apply to it), and it doesn't collapse.  So, if you had a border around
> your image, but you wanted some space between the image and the border, use
> padding.  Or if you wanted a margin, but you wanted it to be green, you could
> use padding for that too.  Or if you wanted the margins to not overlap on
> adjoining elements, you can use padding for that as well.  Or if you need an
> inside margin and an outside margin, padding is the inside, and margin is the
> outside. (see below)

This is the current CSS.

.floatL {
   float:left;
   margin: 0 1 em 1em;
   padding: 0.25em;
}

Since IMG are inline elements, then any margin or width values will
not be used. For the margin and width values to work, one must make
the IMG display as a block element.

.floatL {
   float:left;
   margin: 0 1 em 1em;
   padding: 0.25em;
   display: block;
}

To see what the margin and padding values are actually doing, play
around with this CSS.

.floatL {
   float:left;
   display: block; /* width and margin values are used */
   border: 5px solid blue;
   margin-top: 50px;
   margin-right: 50px;
   margin-bottom: 50px;