@David: I think it is established, with reasonable accuracy, that a
very small percentage (~1%) of surfers block Javascript. If somebody
wants to make sure that their site looks absolutely perfect to the 12
people that surf using Internet Explorer 6 with a Javascript blocking
proxy wearing tin-foil hats, that's their choice -- hats off to them.

As for me, I believe my energy is better spent making my webpages work
well for 99% of my sites visitors.

~Chetan