A test case for a variety of selectors up here:
http://barneycarroll.com/validCSSselectors.html

Ones in green work, ones in red don't.

On 30 March 2011 16:39, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
>Only if you believe in anarchy, surely ?

The line between philosophy & politics blurs! If it works, I'll do it.
If it doesn't I won't. The question is ideological and we could debate
it for yonks. Ultimately, I believe posters come here for practical
advice. If they were looking for the spec, a bot could do a better job
than the lot of us.

On 30 March 2011 16:39, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
>in order to pander to the inability
>of browser vendors to W3C specifications

Browser vendors v W3C is a Gordian knot. Alexander's sword is the
user. If they're happy, so am I (and the clients, etc).

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carr...@gmail.com
07594 506 381