On 31/03/2011 6:38 AM, Bob Rosenberg wrote:
At 16:49 +0100 on 03/30/2011, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote
about [css-d] Erratum:

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

Surely the goal is to write fully conformant documents that
render reliably (if not necessarily consistently) in all
mainstream browsers; if the alternative is to write non-
conformant documents in order to pander to the inability
of browser vendors to W3C specifications, then count me
out, please.

"... to pander to the inability of browser vendors to comply
with W3C specifications ...".

I question if "inability" is the correct description. With some browser
vendors IMO a more accurate term would be "refusal".

Hello Barney, Marc and Bob,

What you have all said is very untrue and all you have achieved is adding more incorrect information to the internet about browsers, W3C specifications and etc. which will show up in search engines.

With this statement, "the inability of browser vendors to comply with W3C specifications." I can assure that the total reverse is true, especially with the support of the CSS specs. Now I do believe that this is a list for CSS so if any of you are talking about something other than CSS, then it is off topic for this list.

Browsers correct implementation of the larger part of the CSS specs was achieved with the release of IE8 and since then, a whole test-suite has developed (from 5,000 to 26,000 test cases) for browsers implementers to achieve interoperability among browsers.

The greatest change regarding CSS is the extensive work in re-writing various parts of the CSS2.1 specs to match current browser behavior. When browsers did disagree with behavior, then test cases were created to work out the best approach.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/