David,

> Nevertheless, the site -- as previously stated -- has issues [crashing
> the browser and a massive horizontal-scroll bar at +1] in
> Android/2.3.6.

What does that have to do with developing an understanding of relative units in
CSS?

But, since you insist on changing the topic (which is usually done by those who
don't understand the topic) let me just say....what the hell does it matter!?
Big deal, go view the site on another device so you can check the code and see
how the REM unit is used in the wild. Do you understand the difference between
an EM and a REM? Let's try to stay on topic.

This all started because a member asked if using EMs would have an effect on his
media queries. The answer to that question, as I'm sure you know, is yes it can
be done.
But, I did notice that you didn't warn the OP about the specificity issues that
will arise when using EMs because they're relative to the parent element. Not
sure if you've ever run
across these issues, but I have and it's a major pain. And, those issues are
exactly why the REM unit was developed.

So shall we go into more detail on the REM and other relative units or move on
to the next topic?

Eric