Tom Livingston wrote:

> I am not arguing your point, but merely try to say (poorly) that the errors
> the validator is flagging may not break the page.

Of course : I hope I did not appear to suggest otherwise.

Neither validity nor invalidity offer any guarantees of
behaviour, but a page that is valid is more likely to
behave correctly than one that is not.  And whilst it is
arguably acceptable for a site that exists only to provide
a service to fail validation, it surely cannot be right to
hold such a site up as an example of good practice, which
is where this thread started and why this particular site
is being critiqued.

Philip Taylor