On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:24:33 -0700, John <j...@coffeeonmars.com> wrote:

>On 9/21/13 2:44 PM, Freelance Traveller wrote:
>> I'd just tend to write
>> to the standard,
>And what would that standard be? It's almost as though there are two:
>the w3c-compliant world, and the IE world.

Less so now than formerly, I think; recent versions - IE7 and later,
really - have done a far better job of compliance with the W3C standard
than earlier versions. And that largely seems to have been because of
developer pressure. Yes, there are still - and probably always will be -
areas where IE diverges from W3C, but I think that, more and more, it's
for legacy support rather than future lock-in.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

edi...@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com
http://come.to/freelancetraveller
http://freelancetraveller.downport.com/

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2009. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

CyberNET Web Hosting (http://www.cyberwebhosting.net)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)