Our basic policy where I work is for support of IE8 and up for IE. But
we recently had a client ask (tell) us to support IE7 as that's what
they use internally still and, according to their own stats, have a
significant user base on 7. I'm leaning towards "we still use it so
you have to support it" as the real reason, so there's this type of
situation in the mix as well.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Chris Rockwell
<ch...@chrisrockwell.com> wrote:
> This list has been incredibly useful to me, especially people pointing out
> some flaws in things that I do.  That led me to, tonight, pulling the IE
> stats for the past year from Google Analytics:
>
> 10: 3.03%
>  9:  22.05%
>  8:  17.74%
>  7:  2.03%
>  6:  0.21%
>
> IE as a whole made up just over 45%.  To put it into perspective, the site
> had over 400,000 visitors in this time frame.  2% is over 9000 visitors!
>
> My question is, how would you all approach this? Right now I'm thinking IE
> 7 can't be ignored, but I'd have to consider time/value when deciding what
> is acceptable.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --
> Chris Rockwell

Tom Livingston | Senior Front-End Developer | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | mlinc.com