Bootstrap's pragmatic approach deems validity not to be a concern:

https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/issues/6398

In theory, total W3 compliance will make your code behave completely
predictably in any environment you care to mention. In practice, popular
browsers have deviated from the spec time and time again, with the result
of invalid code sometimes being the only way of achieving certain effects
in certain browsers. The specifics in Bootstrap's CSS are legacy IE hacks
and vendor-prefixed CSS3.

Depending on the scope of your expectations, there are often times when
something will work in practice but not in theory. A dogmatic purist
approach will say that expectations must be revised to match the theory,
but I'll always try and find a solution regardless. It's interesting to
note that popular frameworks of this ilk (HTML5 boilerplate being another)
often fail W3 validation. It's also interesting to tally up the number of
times you're faced with tricky problems with regards to web development and
code expectations, and W3 validity resolves them.