On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 20:29:26 -0500
Chris Rockwell <ch...@chrisrockwell.com> wrote:
> When I read this I assumed J.C. was referring to a navigation bar
> that is fixed to the bottom of the screen, and I think D'Arcy
> provided a solution (I didn't test it).

It's an excerpt from a real site but I can't guarantee that it works in
isolation.  Sometimes CSS depends on things in the containing elements.

> I think there are very valid use cases for this design pattern. If the
> navigation is accessible from the bottom of the screen it is always in
> easier reach of my thumbs (especially on this Note 5). It also
> affords the opportunity to have "quick links" (contextual or
> otherwise) as well as a hamburger type button that can expand more
> navigation.

The decision to put the navigation at the bottom is mostly a design
one.  I just think that if you do it has to be fixed in place.
Otherwise it may not even show when someone goes to a site that is
longer than their display.  It's not as important when the navigation
it at the top.  Then it is more of a design decision.  Not my table.

> Test your user base and see if it is a better experience for them.

Always the best advice.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.