On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 22:00:35 -0600
Karl DeSaulniers <k...@designdrumm.com> wrote:
> I have ImageOptim and did crunch them. I will do again.
> As far as the Gzip, I agree, however I was told to split
> the css files up so there was less code to load and less load time.
> Mind you when the Gzip is in place it make more of a difference.
> Was I told wrong?? Thank you for your feedback.

Have you considered checking your database access?  WP sites basically
get all their content from a MySQL database.If the database is slow
that will slow down your site.

Personally I would never build a site with WP.  Here are a few reasons.
 - Everything is in the database which is slower than static files.
 - It uses PHP - the worst language on the planet.
 - No matter how much you customize it still smells like a WP site.
 - It's not the cleanest use of style sheets.

I like to write everything using server side includes (SSI) and create
a header and footer file to define the design which I include into
every page.  If I need any dynamic content I write a script that does
nothing but generate that part of the page and include that with exec.
There is no style in any of those files.  All of that is in the style
sheet which gets downloaded once by the browser and then cached.

For scripting I use Python, a much better language than PHP.  Ruby
looks good too.  Even shell scripting will work.

I also eschew Javascript but it does have its uses as long as the site
is still functional with JS turned off.  I find that I can do
everything I need with CSS.

Have I started enough religious wars for today.  :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.