30 jan 2016 kl. 11:42 skrev D'Arcy J.M. Cain <da...@vybenetworks.com>:

> Have you considered checking your database access?  WP sites basically
> get all their content from a MySQL database.If the database is slow
> that will slow down your site.

Well, this shouldn’t be true for server cached URL’s, would it? With a proper
working cache, there should only be html, CSS, JS and media files to serve up.
DB requests should only happen after an update or a cache rebuild.

That said, I’ve been just handed a dreadful Wordpress site, with a typical
response time of 11 seconds and that have some in-page executing JS, that makes
 total render time about 80 seconds (!). Compare that to my java driven site
that responds in 0.2 seconds and renders in 2. Also in my own site performance
per visitor increases or stay the same after initial load. In this WP site it
gets worse and worse.

Also, the cache in this site seem to not be able to improve response times.

I’ll definitely minify the Style sheets and use gzip once I’ve installed and
configured a new cache function. Thanks for those suggestions and reminder on
Google insight, Philippe. Thanks Mike for the tip on gtmetrix.com and to
everyone else sharing.

I find it very hard to get peer input in the world of Wordpress. You ask a
simple question and get a response 1-2 years later. I could build a new site in
another language in that time (and learn it from scratch). Where do you ask WP
questions and get a response? Maybe there are good email discussion groups for
WP?