-Caveat Lector-

Re: government subsidies.  I don't disagree with you on this point.  Why
should the government subsidize a particular economic sector (or special
interest group) and not others?  But that is how the game of power is
played.  The government is particularly generous to business interests of
various sorts: Savings and Loan bailouts, bailouts to Mexican investors,
bailouts to Wall Street junk bond investors, subsidies to defense
contractors.... not to mention billions of dollars in armaments to
oppressive dictators in central America, South America and wherever else
peasants are seeking to overthrow their rulers.  So, the subject of tax
dollars going to finance any number of dubious schemes/boondoggles/etc. is
a complex one.
My tax dollars have supported the murder of millions of peasants around
the world... in order to help some greedy corporate elites to make money
off of the misery of poor people...  I had no vote on the matter.  Why
should my tax dollars go to support United Fruit in Guatemala and El
Salvador?

Re: NAFTA
American workers have seen their businesses sent to Mexico...thanks to
NAFTA. Are you aware of the fact that government agencies work with
private businesses to help them close down their American operations to
move to slave labor markets overseas?

Re: "sending kids off to war."  Your caustic comment notwithstanding, you
nor I wouldn't be enjoying the freedoms we do have, if it wasn't for the
sacrifice of others...  Perhaps, they were "stupid" to fight for this
country.  I don't think so.

Re: "paying bills." People have been paying YOUR bill for a long time.
They paid at Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Omaha, and a helluva lot of other places..
so you OWE something to this country...
A lot of Americans have paid the price so that you can have your miserable
little life.  You should be proud to be a citizen...greatful to have the
money to pay.  Or maybe it's time for you to move to the Cayman Islands or
some taxhaven with others of your ilk.
Regards,
Wm